Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Desserty goodness

I made a dessert for my friend Emily recently for her birthday.  She requested some sort of fruity cobbler or pie.  Strawberries were a good deal at the farmers market, so I purchased those and then came home to investigate a good recipe.

I found this one...and it was ah-mazing!!


Strawberry Cobbler
Ingredients
  • 1 lb fresh strawberries
  • 3 tablespoons orange juice
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar, divided
  • 3/4 cup butter (1 stick plus 1 half stick), divided
  • 1 cup brown sugar
Instructions
  1. Wash and slice strawberries, discarding tops.
  2. Combine strawberries, orange juice, and 1/2 cup sugar in a medium pot and heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Pour into a greased 2 1/12 quart baking dish.
  3. In another bowl, combine flour, 1/2 sugar, and 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), cut together. ( I used a pastry blender, but a large fork will work fine, too.) Spread on top of strawberries.
  4. Soften 1/2 butter (1/2 stick) and mix with 1 cup brown sugar. Drop into dollops on top of flour mixture.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes to an hour, or until golden and bubbly. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

Thanks Southern Bite writer!  I will surely be making that again!

No comments: