Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Turn Down The Music

Tonight Andy and I went to a Shane & Shane concert here at Geneva. It was FAN-TASTIC. I haven't really listened to all that much of their stuff. But man they are talented! They played with Phil Wickham (I bought his CD - awesome!) and Shane's wife, Bethany Dillon. You could totally feel the presence of God there. I'm wishing now that I would have also bought one of their CDs...

Anyways they played this AWESOME song called Turn Down The Music off their newest CD Everything is Different. These are the lyrics...pretty stinkin powerful and convicting:

If you were hungry
would we give you food
If you were thirsty
would we give you drink
If you were a stranger
would we let you in

What would be the song we'd sing to you
when they're in need
Would it be an empty allelujah to the King?

Turn down the music
Turn down the noise
Turn up your voice oh God
And let us hear the sound of people broken
Willing to love
Give us your heart oh God
A new song rising up

If you were naked
would we give you clothes
If you were an orphan
would we give you our home
If you were in prison
would we visit you

What would be the song we'd sing to you
when they're in need
Would it be an empty allelujah to the King?

Turn down the music
Turn down the noise
Turn up your voice oh God
And let us hear the sound of people broken
Willing to love
Give us your heart oh God
A new song rising up

Let it be our worship
Let it be our worship
Let it be our true religion
In this world but not of it
Holding on to our confessions
Let it be our worship
Let it be our true religion
In this world but not of it
Holding on to our confessions

Turn down the music
Turn down the noise
Turn up your voice oh God
And let us hear the sound of people broken
Willing to love
Give us your heart oh God
A new song rising up
A new song rising up
A new song rising up

you can actually listen to it here

...the song really had me asking if I truly am doing everything I can to serve Jesus. It beckons me to pray daily for my eyes to be more open to see the needs, to see where I could do something right here, right now - and I am doing nothing! It clearly states in Matthew 25 that whatever we do for the least of these, we do for Jesus...and whatever we do not do for the least of these, we do not do for Jesus...I don't know about you, but I want to be serving others for Jesus. This song is a good reminder.

No comments: