Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pray for my neighbors...

As I sit here on the porch, my neighbors (who I think are married and have two little kids) are screaming and swearing at each other.  It hurts my heart.  I wish I could say this is just one random fight, but this is pretty much every day.  They are screaming about not wanting to be together and saying things like "I don't love you anymore."  Meanwhile I can hear the little kids trying to get their parents attention.  It's awful!  No one should have to be subject to that - especially children under four.  

It makes me wonder how this couple's parents treated each other.  I'm guessing they are just treating their spouses the way their parents did.  It then makes me think of these little kids and I wonder how they'll treat their spouse when they grow up.  How do you break the cycle?  How can this heart-wrenching fighting stop?  

It makes me really want Jesus to come back TODAY!
Other friends/RDs that live in this area talk about how Andy will be going to their house to offer them social work services in a year or two.  Sadly it's probably true.  It breaks my heart.  I wish that right now they could sense the love of Jesus.  I wish they could know that he loves them just as they are.  I wish I knew what I could do to show his love to them...

3 comments:

Manda said...

aw, lyx. you are doing something, praying. that's the best start. i'll pray with you. wish we could grab those kiddies up out of there during fights.

marla said...

ohh gings. you have such an amazing heart. my neighbors yell all the time also. when i hear my yelling neighbors i'll pray for your yelling neighbors too! after all, i did sit on their steps.

tashahancock said...

lynz hey i will keep them in my prayers. ss to hear that. pry for eddie and his sprained finger.