SOME THINGS I'VE DONE IN MY LIFE:
Started your own blog - clearly.
Slept under the stars - numerous times...I think the first time was on Aunt Jan's deck. The other times were at Covenant Acres camp. I have considered the possibility of doing it with my RA staff...
Played in a band - praise band and orchestra (if those count)
Watched a meteor shower - yes..the first time ever was when my mom woke me up at 4am in high school and we drove out to the Batavia "airport" and watched it while laying in/on sleeping bags in the back of the truck.
Given more than you can afford to charity - I have given more that I THOUGHT I could afford - but God always provides.
Been to Disneyland/world - I went to DisneyWorld when I was like 8 but I can't remember much other than the "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" ride when the dog sneezed and I got wet!
Climbed a mountain - yes, in the adirondacks. My first one was Gothics and it was so cloudy there was no view...but it was a fun experience nonetheless.
Sang a solo - yup - as a child I sang "When I get to heaven" at Mr. Bauer's funeral
Started your own blog - clearly.
Slept under the stars - numerous times...I think the first time was on Aunt Jan's deck. The other times were at Covenant Acres camp. I have considered the possibility of doing it with my RA staff...
Played in a band - praise band and orchestra (if those count)
Watched a meteor shower - yes..the first time ever was when my mom woke me up at 4am in high school and we drove out to the Batavia "airport" and watched it while laying in/on sleeping bags in the back of the truck.
Given more than you can afford to charity - I have given more that I THOUGHT I could afford - but God always provides.
Been to Disneyland/world - I went to DisneyWorld when I was like 8 but I can't remember much other than the "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" ride when the dog sneezed and I got wet!
Climbed a mountain - yes, in the adirondacks. My first one was Gothics and it was so cloudy there was no view...but it was a fun experience nonetheless.
Sang a solo - yup - as a child I sang "When I get to heaven" at Mr. Bauer's funeral
Taught yourself an art from scratch - does the recorder count?
Held a praying mantis - no, but almost - I've seen one super close up in Kentucky and took a picture of it...Andy and I had one in our apartment when we lived in the woods. It was awesome!
Had a pillow fight - definitely
Held a praying mantis - no, but almost - I've seen one super close up in Kentucky and took a picture of it...Andy and I had one in our apartment when we lived in the woods. It was awesome!
Had a pillow fight - definitely
Taking an overnight train - yes, in Canada...I think
Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - actually yes - but it was only because I only had one personal day a year so I called them personal days to myself even though it came out of the sick bank. They were mental health days and they really did make me feel better!
Built a snow fort - in Western NY, this is practically a yearly thing! Especially as a kid on snow days
Gone skinny dipping - sort of...when I was in Cuba, we swam out far from shore and then took our bathing suits off like 20 feet from each other ... it was the chicken's way of skinny dipping.
Seen a total eclipse - yes, I just can't remember when/where...
Watched a sunrise or sunset - definitely sunsets and a few sunrises too
Seen Niagara Falls in Person - too many times to count (a perk to living just 1.5 hours from it)
Seen an Amish community - yes, but I do think it would be fun to LIVE amish for a couple days
Taught yourself a new language - with the help of some tapes I managed a bit of Ukrainian and German...not fluent or even conversation, but some
Had enough money to be truly satisfied - for sure...I actually don't want to be rich.
Gone rock climbing - I've done the fake rock walls - I do want to do some actual climbing though
Sung karaoke - when I was younger...it's definitely been a while
Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - yes, in Toronto
Walked on a beach by moonlight - in Maine and Cuba - amazing!
Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - lots of times in Maine, but also in Costa Rica - that was probably the most amazing because I actually saw some fish like those in Finding Nemo
Played in the mud - my most recent memory was in college - i have pictures
Gone to a drive-in theater - several times close to home...Prince Caspian was the last movie I saw there
Started a business - yes, a dog walking business - it didn't get very far...but I had business cards!
Served at a soup kitchen - with my small group from the church I used to attend.
Gotten flowers for no reason - yes, from my hubby
Donated blood, platelets or plasma - yes, but recently I've developed a fear of it...weird
Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - yes, in Germany...it was very sad.
Saved a favorite childhood toy - my lamb, and my bear "Lucky"
Visited the Lincoln Memorial - yes but it has been a while
Eaten Caviar - oh man, I ate it in Ukraine and the eat it on a slice of bread with a thick layer of butter and then the caviar. It was completely gross but I was trying to be cultural.
Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - actually yes - but it was only because I only had one personal day a year so I called them personal days to myself even though it came out of the sick bank. They were mental health days and they really did make me feel better!
Built a snow fort - in Western NY, this is practically a yearly thing! Especially as a kid on snow days
Gone skinny dipping - sort of...when I was in Cuba, we swam out far from shore and then took our bathing suits off like 20 feet from each other ... it was the chicken's way of skinny dipping.
Seen a total eclipse - yes, I just can't remember when/where...
Watched a sunrise or sunset - definitely sunsets and a few sunrises too
Seen Niagara Falls in Person - too many times to count (a perk to living just 1.5 hours from it)
Seen an Amish community - yes, but I do think it would be fun to LIVE amish for a couple days
Taught yourself a new language - with the help of some tapes I managed a bit of Ukrainian and German...not fluent or even conversation, but some
Had enough money to be truly satisfied - for sure...I actually don't want to be rich.
Gone rock climbing - I've done the fake rock walls - I do want to do some actual climbing though
Sung karaoke - when I was younger...it's definitely been a while
Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - yes, in Toronto
Walked on a beach by moonlight - in Maine and Cuba - amazing!
Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - lots of times in Maine, but also in Costa Rica - that was probably the most amazing because I actually saw some fish like those in Finding Nemo
Played in the mud - my most recent memory was in college - i have pictures
Gone to a drive-in theater - several times close to home...Prince Caspian was the last movie I saw there
Started a business - yes, a dog walking business - it didn't get very far...but I had business cards!
Served at a soup kitchen - with my small group from the church I used to attend.
Gotten flowers for no reason - yes, from my hubby
Donated blood, platelets or plasma - yes, but recently I've developed a fear of it...weird
Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - yes, in Germany...it was very sad.
Saved a favorite childhood toy - my lamb, and my bear "Lucky"
Visited the Lincoln Memorial - yes but it has been a while
Eaten Caviar - oh man, I ate it in Ukraine and the eat it on a slice of bread with a thick layer of butter and then the caviar. It was completely gross but I was trying to be cultural.
Stood in Times Square - yes when I went in High school and also when i visited my brover
Broken a bone - yes, my finger...playing street football.
Been on a speeding motorcycle - yup...thanks Dad!
Had your picture in the newspaper - just last week, actually, watching the inauguration - good ole Beaver County Times
Read the entire Bible - once in high school and I'm nearing my second time. I've got a ways to go to catch up to Bishop Snyder who does it like once or twice a year!
Visited the White House - yes, but I can't remember when or with whom
Killed and prepared my own meat - yes, chicken in Nicaragua...but I mostly watched after I caught the chicken.
Had chickenpox - on my fourth birthday!
Sat on a jury - last February...check fraud - guilty!
Met someone famous - my cousin Aaron...he's been on t.v. shows!
Joined a book club - at the library...i don't know if that counts
Lost a loved one - several, sadly. My Uncle Ron and Grandpa Pierce were my first two family deaths I remember.
Owned a cell phone - yes...but sometimes I wish I didn't.
Been stung by a bee -it has been a LONG time though...I think I was ten
Broken a bone - yes, my finger...playing street football.
Been on a speeding motorcycle - yup...thanks Dad!
Had your picture in the newspaper - just last week, actually, watching the inauguration - good ole Beaver County Times
Read the entire Bible - once in high school and I'm nearing my second time. I've got a ways to go to catch up to Bishop Snyder who does it like once or twice a year!
Visited the White House - yes, but I can't remember when or with whom
Killed and prepared my own meat - yes, chicken in Nicaragua...but I mostly watched after I caught the chicken.
Had chickenpox - on my fourth birthday!
Sat on a jury - last February...check fraud - guilty!
Met someone famous - my cousin Aaron...he's been on t.v. shows!
Joined a book club - at the library...i don't know if that counts
Lost a loved one - several, sadly. My Uncle Ron and Grandpa Pierce were my first two family deaths I remember.
Owned a cell phone - yes...but sometimes I wish I didn't.
Been stung by a bee -it has been a LONG time though...I think I was ten
THINGS ON MY BUCKET LIST (in the random order this list came in...):
Visit Hawaii
Bungee jump
Watch a lightning storm at sea
Be in three states at onceRide in a gondola in Venice
View the birthplace of my ancestors
See Old Faithful erupt
Visit Africa
Kiss Andy in the Rain
Visit the Great Wall of China
Swim in the Mediterranean Sea
Go Sky Diving
Piece a quilt
Tour the Everglades
See the Grand Canyon in person
Publish a book
Walk in Jerusalem
Publish a book
Walk in Jerusalem
THINGS I HAVEN'T DONE BUT AREN'T ASPIRATIONS...ones with a (*)I'M INDIFFERENT ABOUT:
Visit Paris*
Go to the top of the Eiffel tower*
Have food poisoning
Walked to the top of the Statue of LibertySeen the Mona Lisa in France
Hitchhike*
Have a baby (I go back and forth on this one...)*
Hold a lamb
Run a Marathon
Hit a home run
Go on a Cruise
Go on a Cruise
See the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person*
See Michelangelo’s David
See Michelangelo’s David
Be transported in an ambulance
Go deep sea fishing
See the Sistine Chapel in person*
Go deep sea fishing
See the Sistine Chapel in person*
Go to Grace Kelley’s grave in Monaco
Take a martial arts class
Sell Girl Scout Cookies
Go Whale Watching*
Bounce a check
Get fired from a job
See the changing of the guard in London*
By a brand new car*
Save someone's life (not that I wouldn't do it, it's just that I hope I don't have to)
See the Alamo in person
Swim in the Great Salt Lake*
Be involved in a law suit
Swim in the Great Salt Lake*
Be involved in a law suit
Visit Russia (it's nothing against Russia - they just aren't in my top 10)
Visit the Vatican
I love life - and the fact that God created us as beings who can make decisions and do fun things and not programmed robots is grand. What an adventure...
No comments:
Post a Comment