Friday, August 22, 2008

The transition from Rochester to Pittsburgh

We are officially here and getting more and more
settled each day.  As part of our new transition, I decided to officially un-privatize our blog it's easier for people to read about our lives.  



Today was a HUGE breakthrough in that we finally have internet EVERYWHERE in our apartment, not just in the corner behind the entry door:)  

We definitely miss Grimm Cottage - the woods, the quiet, the creek, our compost pi
le, the bonfire pit, being so close to Ralphs and Wegmans, and of course close to family and friends.  It has been exciting though to settle into a new place and a new town.

I got a fun package from my previous job
 in Admissions as a farewell gift!  My very own case of Ale8 :)

Andy and I have been slowly working towards making our new apartment a home.  There will 
certainly be more photos to come
as we get more settled, but theseare some of the highlights so far including our very first 
craigslist purchase, a nice TV cabinet.


This week during the freshman orientation
we enjoyed a boat tour of Pittsburgh.  It was super fun and we got all dressed up for it.  

Yesterday I had a photo shoot with
 my RAs to put together a "who's on duty" 
board.
Here's a group photo:





Missing all of you!  

5 comments:

marla said...

yay for many things!
biggest YAY that you unprivitized and i can now add you to my google reader!
yay that your hubby is there.
yay that you got something on craigslist!
yay for getting ale8.
and a boo cause i miss you.
also a boo cause your pics are small and i can't click on them. ;)
xo.

Anonymous said...

Lyndz,

Good to get an update and see the package from Admissions! I'm happy for you guys! Lets keep in touch and I'd love to come down to visit you sometime this fall if possible!

love,
RJ

Kristen said...

yay! you posted! i've been checking a lot lately in great anticipation for something, ok anything about your new going's on, and it was so exciting to see new pics! p.s. it looks like you have a really cute apartment! andy and i need to take a road trip to come see you sometime!

rachel said...

YAY!! I can leave you comments now!!

Your apartment is so cute! I can't wait to come visit. :) & we definitely have to plan random saturday lunches... we're awesome. :)

Ray and Lisa said...

Your apartment looks so cute! Love the craigslist purchase. :) Can't wait to come visit!