Sunday, August 24, 2008

My (Our) Day Off

Something that I really appreciate about my job is that they encourage us to take a day off.  So for the semester, Monday is my day off.  It felt strange that on the very first day of classes I was away doing my own thing, but it was also greatly needed.  Andy and I decided to do some exploring of areas closer to Pittsburgh on our day off.  Here's what we did:

Went and did some shopping at Ikea:

Here's a couple of our fav's that we bought - a fun floor lamp and cool plant:


Went out to eat (Andy had his first official Pittsburgh salad...they put French Fries on it!):

Walked/drove around "the burgh"...isn't it amazing how the hills go right into the city?

This coffee shop was closed but I really want to check it out some time:

All in all it was a very relaxing day!  It was also my last day off that I won't have homework since classes start tonight.  I'd have to say a day well spent :)


4 comments:

Manda said...

awesome! i can add you to my reader!

aws, i miss my little gingy-beanie so much. i'm so, so happy that you're at a job you love though.

-xo-

rachel said...

Aw, I'm glad you guys had such a fun time exploring together. That goat on the coffee shop is scary. Good luck with your classes! :)

Kristen said...

roomie, how's the "photo book"?! :)

marla said...

haaa...photobook! ohhh you went to ikea without us.