Saturday, September 15, 2012

Beach BBQ

My RAs decided for this month's event to put on a BBQ at the beach.  This was my first time hosting an off-campus event for Westmont.  We had a lot of fun...and it was a lot of work :)

I had a conversation with a student while at the beach about how it is still sometimes difficult for me to fathom that colleges can exist this close to the beach.  Having only ever lived 7 hours from the ocean prior to moving here, I can tell that I still equate being at the beach with being on vacation.  Hosting an event like this helped some :)

Here's some photo highlights:

unloading stuff from the cars

we found a great spot in the shade
(it has been ridiculously hot here...)

getting the charcoal hot

the view from the water 
(this view amazes me every time - that you can be this close to the ocean and the mountains...what a creative God we live for!)

fun in the sand

serious fun in the sand :)

No comments: