Monday, April 16, 2012
Can't Stop Thinking About It
If you want to watch a movie that will cause your mental juices to flow and flow as you wrestle through what you watch and as your heart strings are pulled, then I suggest watching the new Blue Like Jazz movie - and bringing a friend (or two or three). Andy and I have already spent at least two hours discussing various aspects of the movie - it's that good! I know it's only showing in select theaters, but I would say it's worth planning a road trip around :) Ok-maybe that's extreme and you could just wait until it comes out on DVD. But I really love the profound wrestling that takes place through the characters (and yourself) in the movie. And if you watch it and want to process with someone about it, call me :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Did you read the book? I've been wondering how the movie aligns...
I didn't know it was going to be a movie. I never got around to reading the book, I'd love to see the movie. But I don't think it's being released in Canada. Bummer.
Check this review out: http://www.pluggedin.ca/movies/intheaters/blue-like-jazz.aspx
Post a Comment