Saturday, September 17, 2011

A little about me today...(3)

Recently I'm:

Reading: East of Eden by Steinbeck and Washed & Waiting by Hill. Wesley Hill is coming to campus in November to speak in Chapel. I plan to have his book read by then. As for East of Eden, I am borrowing it from an RD friend. It is a dark book, but really well written. I haven't read a 600 page book cover to cover in a long time!

Listening to: My Mom's heavy breathing as she naps on my couch (she's here!!) and the noise of excited students hanging out in the lounge (I think based on their shouting that they're watching a sporting event).

Watching: Recently saw The King's Speech and loved it. Also watched part of The Wedding Planner when it was on tv. I am ashamed to say that it makes me want to watch it start to finish...

Wearing: Capris, a tee, and a long sleeve zip up. So far it has been cloudy. Hopefully we'll get some nice weather for the Fam!

Wishing: The clouds would lift so my Mom could see Santa Barbara at its finest...

Thinking: I really love my new apartment.

Craving: Dessert...of any kind. Lately I have realized how much i.love.sugar!!!

Digging: The Santa Barbara farmers market. We get such great stuff there every week!

Excited About: Hosting my family for the week (Mom got here yesterday, Dad comes tomorrow, and Marla, Justyn, and Fabs come Wednesday).

Hoping: I can balance well a week of work plus hosting family and being there for my students (Dear Emerson Hall, please no incidents or drama this week. Sincerely, Your RD).

Loving: the beauty of Santa Barbara - even if it is cloudy.

3 comments:

victoria said...

I read East of Eden during my pregnancy. Kinda of a random book to read while preggers, I know, but you can't ready ALL books on babies :o) It was a good read and I enjoyed it. Enjoy your time with your family - how fun!! Nice to see you recently. Hope we'll see you and Andy at Christmas.

rachel said...

so fun that your fam is visiting!! glad to hear i'm not the only one who craves sweets. ;) i also LOVED the king's speech! i adore colin firth!

Manda said...

you're just realizing how much you love sugar?!

wish i could be there hanging out with you all...don't have too much fun w/o me!

teehee...mom's heavy breathing...