Saturday, July 23, 2011

Coffee with an actor - hello Santa Barbara!

Yesterday, my morning session of RD training took place at the Starbucks closest to campus in an area known as Coastal Village in Montecito (about 5 minutes from campus). What I did not know until I got there was that this Starbucks is THE busiest one in Santa Barbara county. The line was insanely long.

Anyways, we're standing in line and my boss, Stu, quietly asks, "Do you recognize the guy two people ahead of us" - I say not really. He informs me that he's an actor. He can't remember his name, but knows he was in Battlefield Los Angeles. I haven't seen this movie, but do then recognize him from other movies - I just don't know which ones. This actor gets his beverage and goes and sits at table with his iPad. The table next to him is open - one of the only spots that seems available. So we sit next to him. Stu looks up the movie on his laptop that he remembers this actor from and we learn that his name is Aaron Eckhart and he was also in No Reservations (which I have seen).

We proceed on as normal with our conversation about Westmont and Aaron leans over and says "Excuse me - I'm so sorry to interrupt, but can you tell me how to get to ____ street?" Stu and I quickly say his interruption is not a problem. Stu proceeds to tell him how to get where he's going (if I were by myself I couldn't have helped him at all). He apologizes once again for interrupting. We are quick to re-instate that it was not a problem :)

...This, my friends, is my first "conversation" with a real live movie actor.


3 comments:

Manda said...

pretty soon you & aaron will be bff's. mike wants to know if andy has been out riding with lance yet.

Laura said...

Nice! I would now like to take the time to recommend the movie "Thank You For Smoking," which Aaron Eckhart was also in :)

Rachel Eva said...

Wow, how cool. What I'm most impressed with is that you guys didn't act all "star crazy" around him...that you just let him be human. Way to go! :)