Friday, March 18, 2011

Three?

As some of you know, I have been applying and interviewing like crazy in hopes of continuing "living the dream" as a RD. There is something unexplainably incredible about being a part of college students' lives during these very transformative years. There is something inspiring, educational, challenging, uplifting, and captivating about walking beside students in their joys and sorrows, and in living in community with them.

...certainly it is not always easy. there definitely are times when I need to breath, and step away. there are many conversations that I leave thinking "this is why I love what I do" - there are also many conversations I wish I could re-do or approach differently, times when I feel like I failed with a student or an interaction.

I think what I love most about this job is that I am constantly learning and growing. no day is the same. there are constant unexpected events and conversations. i learn from students as they learn from me - it's pretty incredible.

It has been hard to be so busy with interviewing. I am not able to be as active and engaged with my building as I would like to be. I am learning a lot, though, through these interviews. I am seeing God's hand at work, and am noticing an increased confidence in being able to interview well. Geneva has prepared me well for the Student Affairs profession.

So far I have three on-campus interviews scheduled! One on Monday just 45 minutes north, one the following week out in Santa Barbara, California, and one the week after in Michigan. I have a couple more phone interviews in the mix and a few other places I have applied to that I have yet to hear back from. I know that God is faithful! I know that He will lead Andy and me. I just hope that it is clear where we should be. I am praying for no "what if's"...

No comments: