Thursday, August 26, 2010

Backpacking with my RAs

I had an AWESOME opportunity to go on a backpacking trip with my RA team plus Becky, a wonderful friend (and also the director of Geneva's outdoor education program). It was incredible! Seriously the trip was so much more than anything I could have asked or imagined. I feel like God showed his love for me through showering this weekend with incredible moments, great conversations, awesome insights, and tons of laughs. Here's some photos:


The van is packed, we're ready to go.

At the trailhead - let the adventure begin!
(From left to right: me, Nancy, Ashley, Molly, Amber)

Made it to pitstop #1

Had a gorgeous sunset!

Dinner on the overlook

Hiking day 2 (between boulders=gorgeous!)

Refilling water!

Just keep hiking, just keep hiking!

Repelling!

Woops - that's not supposed to happen!
(I actually said to her: "Amber, you're going to be fine! I'm getting my camera!")

The team pulling her back to an upright position (minus Molly who took the photo)

Dinner!!

Rainy rainy hike out!
But not before we turtle!
(we actually intentionally fell on our packs from an upright position. it was great!)

This is me with my poncho on :)

The after shot - 4 days without showering and 10.6 miles of hiking!

...and proud of it! :)

I was so so proud of my team. Some of them had been camping before. None of them had been backpacking. We hiked a good bit, we repelled, we orienteered for about 45 minutes off trail to be at a remote site, we had a 7-hour solo experience, we sang, we laughed, we played, we had campfires, we shared life stories, we had "Church of the Woods" with Pastor Fern :)
We had a great devotional on Deut. 23: 12-14 (you should read it!)!
We had great times of reflection, devotions, and praying together.
...what more could I ask for!
Thanks, Ladies, for embarking on a crazy adventure with your fearless leader!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyndsay, that is so so great. I looked at every pic up close. Thank you God for protection and making it all Lyz desired, and more. Love you kiddo. Mom

marla said...

yay! makes me want to go backpacking! not sure the pack would buckle around my belly...

Manda said...

awesome lyx! love the boulder picture, so cool! and i cannot believe you actually told her that she was fine and you were going to get your camera!!! haa!!