Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What I've been up to lately:

Sorry for being an inconsistent blogger. For some reason blogspot doesn't pick up photos I've uploaded onto the computer until days later. It's frustrating. So one of these days you'll have photos of some of our recent adventures: the Sabres game, Gram's 85th birthday, our most recent visitors (manda, mike, and craig), etc. Until then, here's a bulleted list of what I've been up to lately (last week was Spring Break so I got lots accomplished - brace yourself):

Done:
-Residence Hall room inspections with the Beaver Falls Fire Marshall (he goes through every room - we got through 5 halls in one day!)
-Read through applications for the 5 RD openings we have for next year
-RA selection for next year's RAs
-Watched Slumdog Millionaire and Walmart:The High Cost of Low prices. (Both SOO good!)
-Wrote research paper on Paulo Freire (you should read about him - it's some fascinating stuff!)

Still doing:
-Reading Starbucked for the book discussion I am currently leading on it
-Reading articles about learning through the outdoors and more specifically on group cohesion, self-awareness and vision casting
-Writing RA learning objectives for the wilderness trip I am leading in August
-Keeping up on my half-marathon training (we ran 7 miles on Saturday - if someone would have told me a year ago that I would be running 7 miles I would have laughed...I guess that's why you incrementally run)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for watching good movies and running 7 miles! You rock! :)

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!!! I'm proud of you. Wish you were going to Haiti with me. Mom

Kristen [Teamfuest] said...

Roomie - 7 miles!!! That's amazing! I'm so proud of you!