Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Unique Christmas Indeed!

Now that it has been more than a month since Christmas, it seems about fitting for me to finally post about it. This was a unique Christmas for several reasons (in no particular order):

1. Andy and I decided not to get a Christmas tree or decorate the apartment for Christmas

2. Andy's brother Chris graduated from the Police Academy

3. I spent a significant time at home (2 weeks)

4. We saw our sister-in-law Sarah pregnant for the first time

5. We were home when my sister Manda found out the gender of her baby - it's a boy! We are super excited that her family will be like Andy's with three boys :)

6. My family participated in thrifty/crafty Christmas where everything either needs to be homemade or bought used :)

(taken before guests arrived)
7. My mother-in-law and I threw a baby shower for Sarah

8. I saw my friend Katie (& the other Townies too) who came home for Christmas from Moldova as a surprise

9. I spent some of Christmas day at the nursing home

10. Mully (our nickname for Malacai) is talking lots more

11. I did not play cello at the Christmas Eve service (I can't even remember the last time I didn't play...)

12. My grandfather painted Andy and I a photo of our first place in the woods (...and he's 91!)

13. We celebrated our first Christmas in the new house

14. My parents got new phones (yes, they are calling each other in this photo!)
15. I got to spend time with my brover (which isn't really "unique", but always special and exciting)

It was so wonderful to spend time with all my siblings! It was a blessing to see so many of my grandparents. ...It was a f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c Christmas...


2 comments:

marla said...

bye noman!
bye mee!
love it.

Katie Sawade said...

I'm flattered that I got a mention in this post. It was pretty amazing to see you too. ;-)