Wednesday, July 29, 2009

One Year Ago Today...


I moved from this fine cabin in the woods (tho I don't miss the sulfur water)


Left behind these fine friends (and many others)

And these fine coworkers (and others too)


And this fine small group

And these fine siblings (and their spouses and kids, and mooms and pops)
And Andy's family too.

And moved here:

It was a quiet and empty building like it is now.
But soon it will be full of 115+ women (and Andy gets to stay too(:).

I fell in love with this fine city:


I felt insecure, thankful my parents were with me the first few days, alone (Andy didn't join me until 3 weeks later), overwhelmed, but incredibly blessed to have these coworkers:


plus Taylor, Domps, Kirksey, and Austin, and my boss Paul who aren't in the picture

While I certainly miss the people and things from back home, I am thankful for the many blessings here at Geneva.  I am also thankful for technology that allows me to keep in touch with people back home.  I know I am right where I am supposed to be, using the gifts God has given me for His glory.  Time really does fly...

1 comment:

Katie Sawade said...

Those are some nice-looking friends you have there. ;-) Funny how time flies by, eh? Just like you, I'm amazed by how much my own life has changed in one year (and how quickly I've adjusted to my new "norms"). It's a great thing when we can find a balance between hanging onto the old and embracing the new!