Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Fruit & Garden Center


How much would you pay for:
1 yellow squash
2 limes
4 nectarines
1 green pepper
3 tomatoes
5 lemons
2 sweet potato
1 onion
20 strawberries
????

I went to the local fruit and garden center which I LOOOVVVEEE!!! (For whatever reason it reminds me of Latin America).  They have a "slightly bruised" section at this store - something else I LOVE!  All of the above items were from that section.
I payed: $5.34

We made roasted veggie quesidillas (except it was more like grilled):
Here's what you put on them:
cheese
black beans
veggies
carmelized onions
sun dried tomato dressing
mmm mmm gooooood!
(thanks Chef Mand for teaching me :)

They were sooo good!

4 comments:

Kelly Alberts said...

YUM!!! all that stuff looks amazing.

marla said...

you so thrifty.
we're having veggie quesadillas tonight!
mmmmm.

Manda said...

hooray for cheap (or free - my bananas!) fruits & vegs!!
and hooray for roasted veggie quesadillas - best summer meal ever!

Jensens said...

You guys are so creative with your grilling!! I love it!! :)