Monday, December 8, 2008

I forget to eat...

Does this happen to any of you?  Seriously!  I forget to eat.  If it weren't for Andy in my life, I would probably miss a whole lot more meals than I do now.  Take today for instance - I ate a granola bar and banana in the car on the way to church.  At church, I had a cup of hot cocoa and a cookie bar, then I ate a turkey sandwich for lunch around 1pm and now here I sit at 12:58 am (I know, it's late - sometimes I REALLY enjoy staying up late...for no reason) having not eaten anything (except a few bites of broken cookies as I made some earlier) for 12 hours.  

I've been like this for a while now too.  I remember times in college when I would get to dinner realizing I hadn't eaten anything yet that day.  Perhaps this is why I'm terrible at fasting - seriously, fasting is not something that (sadly) draws me to more prayer because I don't really respond to my feelings of hunger. 

When hungry, sometimes I get grumpy and think "i should eat" but much of the time, I just continue pressing on not really thinking about those pangs. 

To all of those who forget to eat out there, I'm with you!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

you're crazy. i can't skip a meal without my body completely hating me!

rachel said...

All I know is that you sure don't get that from the Bannister side of your genes...

marla said...

hmmm...must be pierce. i forget to eat also. but only when i'm very busy. otherwise i eat all day. also, when i'm alone i find eating to be a nuisance more than anything else. guess i'm a social eater.

Manda said...

um, obviously i didn't get that gene!! must be the one pierce gene i didn't get. if i don't eat i'll throw up. i know, i'm a weirdo.