I went with my hubby and one of my RAs. It was her first time voting. She smiled a lot :)
Then I went with my hubby and got coffee - for free- at Starbucks...except mine wasn't free because I don't like plain coffee - but Andy's was free. I later learned you could get one of their flavored coffees. I was bummed that I didn't know that when I went up to order - I probably would have gotten their Thanksgiving blend. I did enjoy my pumpkin spice latte, though. They already have their Christmas cups though - how crazy is that? We sat and talked politics a little while reading books that have been challenging us both. Andy read The Irresistible Revolution. I read Transforming Worldviews. I felt a bit like Donald Miller - sitting around having a coffee while having deep conversations :)
I'm excited to see who wins the election. I might even stay up late to find out. Supposedly (this was on CNN) for the past 17 elections, the football game played by the Redskins that weekend just before election day has determined who the candidate will be - no joke, it's true! If they win, the party that is currently in office continues to be in office. If they lose, the other party takes over...they lost - we'll see if the tables turn to Obama. Which, P.S. did you know his grandma died last night? It's too bad she didn't live long enough to see whether or not he gets in office. A lot of stuff on his plate this week...
2 comments:
good thing i told you about free coffee at starbucks!! :)
If you REALLY want to be like Donald Miller, you should eat chocolate and smoke while reading the Bible. :)
I miss you! I want you to come visit & see our cute little town before the leaves are all gone...
Post a Comment