Thursday, October 30, 2008

First Visit Home (Part 1)

Over Columbus Day Weekend, Andy and I had the opportunity to go back home!  It was wonderful!  Andy ended up camping with some buds in the Adirondacks for a good portion of it, which let me enjoy my family and friends all to myself.  It was a bit strange to be sleeping alone in a twin bed at my parents house once again - I kept reassuring myself that I am not still 15 :)  He was there for the beginning and end of the long weekend, though.

Here were some highlights:

A combined dinner with both families:


Lots and lots of time with these cuties:
         

A visit to a super cute country store where I got my first hot cider of the season:

Seeing our kitty:

Bringing home some goodies (we didn't bring the walnuts, I was just so impressed that they came off of one of the Grimm's trees):


Spending time with my Roomie while eating Tim Hortons (which I miss so much):

Spending time with my incredible family (and eating their yummy food!):


Eating some freshly made Grimm honey:


More to come with specifics on other events from that weekend...

1 comment:

Manda said...

so glad we got to spend the weekend with you. only a couple more weekends till we're visiting you!