Thursday, June 5, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I understand that Memorial Day weekend was more than a week from now - I confess: I am an inconsistent blogger. Maybe one day I'll have internet at my apartment and will blog more regularly. Until then, I will continue updating my blog on occasion with about 5 new blogs each time : ) So here is what our Memorial Day weekend consisted of:

Friday Night: Inviting Jeff and Brendan over to play Settlers of Catan...VERY fun game! I like it because, unlike Risk, you don't kill people or "take them over". This game is simply your own strategy that leads you to either win or lose.


Saturday: Our friend, Ray who is the youth pastor at Brockport FMC, graduated from Northeastern Seminary. This is a BIG deal - it's like a 4 year degree full time! So we headed to Pearce Church to surprise him by being at the ceremony. We also had hoped to have a HUGE surprise by having a bunch of youth group kids there - we were glad that at least the two who came could come.

That night: a bunch of our friends got together for a bonfire at our place - totally spur of the moment, but very fun. Andy and I know we are blessed to have a bonfire pit at our apartment so we try to take advantage of it.

Sunday: we went to church and then to Ray's graduation party. It was very fun! A good number of people from the church were there, so it was great to catch up. We left there and headed straight to East Aurora for the Bannister Family Memorial Day Gathering where we:Ate lots of food

Had girl time and guy time
Watched little children be cute
Laughed a lot
and saw our cousins from Maryland! I didn't get a pic with Donna or Bill or Aunt Leona! :(




On Monday, we had a gathering with our friends at Jeff's house. We ate lots of food, played Corn Hole, and played Wise and Otherwise - great times!

No comments: