Sunday, October 7, 2012

Date Night


Andy and I went on a Date Night on Friday night.  It was our first date night that we got dressed up for in a while.  We had a really great time!


auto timer photo

(a student came out and took this photo of us :))

Andy's dinner photo
Description:  Duck Breast, Smoked Duck Sausage, Spaetzle, Mushrooms, Apple, Thyme, Duck Jus

Butternut Squash Ravioli :)

On the drive from dinner to dessert, the sunset was FABULOUS:








We didn't take pictures of dessert.  We got McConnell's locally made ice cream.  Andy got Dark Chocolate Orange (it tasted just like those chocolate oranges you can buy and eat) and Sea Salt Carmel.  I got Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream.  They were all delicious!

Then we went to the independent movie theater in town.  We were debating between two great options:
The Intouchables (a story about a man who cannot feel or use his legs who hires a care-taker and they end up becoming best of friends) or Samsara (a film with no words that depicts life worldwide).

We decided to go with Samsara and rent The Intouchables as soon as it comes out.  We were not disappointed.  It had SOO much more of a plot than I thought it was going to.  I thought it was just going to be a compilation of photos.  It covered all of the major aspects of this planet: the earth untouched, the earth being taken over by man, religion, poverty, injustice, food consumption, tradition, technology, urbanization, the objectifying of women, child labor, factory work, etc. I definitely recommend seeing it if it's at an independent theater near you!

Andy and I had great conversations about it on the drive home.  Good times!

No comments: