There are sites I keep loving, and then having a hard time re-finding on google - so I finally caved and am now on Pinterest. However, I tried to pin a site that has a recipe Andy and I always use when we go backpacking, but it wouldn't pin it because it doesn't have a photo. So I decided I would blog the recipe, and pin that - so then I always have it! If any of you have advice for me as a new Pinterest user, please let me know :)
It may not look that great it in this photo, but believe me - it's AMAZING (and filling) after a long day hiking!
Gnocchi with Sage Butter Parmesan
Comfort food heaven!
Shelf stable gnocchi can be found at Trader Joe's and some supermarkets.
1 package prepared gnocchi
2 individual packages butter
½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon dried sage (or other spices)
1 teaspoont garlic powder
¼ teaspoon black pepper
dash of cayenne pepper
add chunks of cheddar cheese (optional)
At home: Combine everything except the gnocchi and butter in a
zip-locking plastic bag. You can re-package the gnocchi into a baggie if you’d like to save room in your pack.
In camp: bring a pan of water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook for about 2 minutes.
The gnocchi will float to the surface when it is done. Drain. Add butter and the Parmesan spice mixture. Stir. Serve!

2 comments:
haha....yesssss! you will love it. the prettiest way to keep track of all the sites you want to bookmark. :)
why is the v-word so complicated now?!
Post a Comment