Over break, I decided to embark on a sewing project. Here's how the idea came to be:
I inherited a saawweeet vintage sewing machine from Andy's great aunt Aseneth a couple summers ago when she went to be with Jesus. At the weekly Sunday craft show at the beach, there is a vendor who makes homemade wallets. While they are super cute, they did not have all the pieces that I wanted included - namely, a zipper pocket for coins. So I did a little blogging research and youtube watching and got up the courage to make my own. I found a fabric/sewing store in The Barb, got the supplies I needed, and labored in making my idea become a reality. Without youtube, a seam ripper, and constantly reminding myself that it was ok to make mistakes, it would not have been possible. Over break I managed to make two wallets.
The back
I really really like them and think they are super cute. If it were't for the fact that it takes about 7 hours for me to make one, I might even consider selling them on Etsy. Maybe one day when I get faster at sewing and have less seam ripping and re-do's...It was a great project to do while being "off" for break.




3 comments:
can you post some photos of the cork jewelry holder lauren made you? she tried to send me a pic on her phone but it didn't work!
so, so cute lyx. keep up the crafty work!
love my wallet!!! awesome job lyx!
Post a Comment