Sunday, October 30, 2011

Before & After

One of the advantages of living in richy rich-ville is that people see things as "junk" that are not junk at all. So sometimes you can hit the jackpot with free stuff by the road. Today, I would consider what I found to be a jackpot. One of Grandpa's paintings that I happen to see every morning and night because it on the opposite wall of my bed has been in a frame that doesn't fit our rustic decor. I have been saying for years now that I should make or buy a frame for this painting. Well, today we saw a free picture frame on the side of the road that happened to be the exact size of this painting. So, I present to you:

Before:

and After:

Thank you rich person who thought this frame was no good anymore. It suits my needs perfectly!

In addition, Andy and I have been talking about making our own composter. We decided to make it out of wood and happened to find two free apple crates on the side of the road. PERFECT to be able to use recycled wood for our recycling project :)
More pictures to come, once the project is complete.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha, i love it! how are the thrift stores near you? :)

~ your roomie

Manda said...

so jealous of your free apple crates! i need them!!