I always knew my Grandpa was strong-willed and stubborn.
This has been only magnified through this experience. The doctors say they see 70 year olds who don't do as well as my Grandpa is doing - at 92. I am blown away by his fight for life. The Doctors say all things are going better than expected. He may be off the vent in 2 - 3 days. He may not need any skin grafting - that would be a miracle.
I wish I could be a fly on the wall when they go in to see Grandpa. When he's not too sedated, he will acknowledge their presence with a grunt of some sort - he even smiles sometimes too. My Aunt Marcia is a beautiful singer and she has been singing to him in his room, which I know that he loves. Many have been reading various stories from the Bible and I wish I knew what he is thinking as he hears it. I wish I could play my cello for him...
Some of my relatives have gone shopping to buy a new wardrobe for my Grandma - pants and tops, jewelry and pins (she wears a pin every day). I was able to Skype with her and the other family members in the waiting room yesterday - she looked so good! We did an over-the-internet hug. It was precious.
Apparently Grandma has been memorizing Psalm 121. Let that be an encouragement to all of us that if Gram can memorize scripture at the age of 93, we can take and make the time to do it too! She is processing many things, so please continue to pray for her. May the Lord sustain you by the minute, Gram!
Thus far, Gram has been staying with my parents (which my Mom loves!). Please pray for wisdom to know where the best place for Gram to stay would be as my Mom goes back to work next week. Gram wants to (and should) continue being close to Grandpa, so somewhere near the hospital is important.
Continue to pray that my Grandpa will progress well in these next couple of critical days and week.
Thanks you for all of your support!
As my Mom ended her email update this morning, "Let's keep looking up..."
No comments:
Post a Comment