Friday, October 22, 2010

Fabienne Joy

Welcome to the world, Fabienne Joy!
(born 10.21.10 at 1:30 in the afternoon, 6lbs 2oz)
It is so so hard to be away on the day of your birth!
I want to be there with you and kiss your cute forehead and rub your cute cute head of hair!
It certainly has been a bumpy road so far, and I want you to know I love you so so much and I have been praying for you and your mommy and daddy! The doctors say you are improving, so now we will pray for a speedy recovery so mommy and daddy can finally hold you and bring you home!

I want to be with the rest of my family as they continue in this period of waiting...
It has been really hard to be away from home!
It has been really hard to do my daily tasks here.
I just want to be with my family.

I am so very proud of Marla (as Justin as her coach). Not only was she able to have the baby without meds, but she arrived at the hospital at 11am and had the baby by 1:30pm - that's 2.5 hours people! Unbelievable!
Not only has she only held her baby for 3 minutes (and here we are over 24 hours since her arrival), but she also has not been able to sleep in the same room as her, or see her little baby without tubes and IVs, and yet in talking with her she is so positive and is still able to laugh.

She is my big sister, and I am so proud of her!

I feel like this verse is so fitting for what Faba and my family is going through:
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

1 comment:

marla said...

thanks gingo! i love you. [just catching up on your blogs. i only have like 3,000 more to read...]