Saturday, October 24, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are



Andy and I went to see this movie last night.  We both really enjoyed it.  Disclaimer: It is not for young children.  I think their target audience was like middle school-ish aged.  It was really pretty psychological and metaphorical.

Anyways, the movie was very similar to what Andy does for his occupation in terms of working with children who are learning how to express their emotions and frustrations.  Whenever you happen to see it, you can picture Andy as the boat.  He sees the struggles of the kids, sees their gifts and passions, and utilizes those gifts as avenues for the child to work through his/her struggles.  

It was really cool to hear Andy talk about the parallels to his job.  So, if you ever wonder what he does, see Where The Wild Things Are :)  ...It should give you somewhat of an understanding...

This movie also made me want to read the book again to see the similarities and differences.  I love that they turned this children's book into a movie!

3 comments:

krazytrina said...

Lyndsay! I just found your blog through Katie's site, it's fun to read a little bit about your life and see what you've up to! You're an amazing lady and I'll be praying for your relationships this year too! Choose joy!
--K

Anonymous said...

I still have the book. Craig says it's his. Hope he sees the movie as he loved the book.

Manda said...

maybe i will try and steal the book from anonymous as mar says i steal everything anyhow!
tell craig the one who produces the grandkiddies gets the goods!

haa...v-word: punpu