Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Spring Travel

For work, we have a "travel season" in the Fall and a much shorter "travel season" in the Spring. Even though it was only three months ago that I was traveling for the Fall it seems like FOREVER ago. You would think that after being away from Andy so much in the Fall, I would "be a pro" at traveling this Spring...Not the case! Thus far it has simply been coming home later in the evening, like around 10:30 pm. I've gone to Buffalo and Batavia for restaurant receptions that we hold for students who are really interested in Roberts from those areas.

But this past week, Wednesday was my first night in a hotel without him since the Fall. The cool thing with this hotel stay was that I wasn't alone...I traveled with another Admissions Counselor, Rachel. We don't get to travel together very often, so I am very happy to have had the opportunity. It's great to have a companion with me, but at the same time it really is strange to not have Andy with me. Talking to him on the cell phone just isn't the same as being snuggled in his arms with my head on his chest, telling him about my day.

My time with Rachel was very refreshing, though. We had lots of great conversations about life in general, universal health care (she's from Canada), future goals/plans, how we can improve our lives as Christians, married life, etc. We also enjoyed lots of laughter and simply having time together not in the office. She is an incredible woman of God and it is always inspiring to spend time with her.

We traveled to Binghamton to have a reception at Applebee's. We stayed in Vestal overnight and then met with Joe, a pastor at the New Life Ministries Free Methodist Church in Endicott, NY. After enjoying lunch with him at a really neat Italian restaurant, we drove 3.5 hours to Jamestown where we did another restaurant reception at an Applebee's there. Then we headed home from there.

This upcoming week is pretty much the last of my Spring Travel. I will be going to St. Bonaventure on Tuesday evening for a college fair. I was debating whether or not to spend the night, but I think I'll come home. It'll mean me getting home at like 11:30ish, but it'll spare me staying in a hotel alone. Then the next day, Wednesday, I have a fair at Arkport High School near Hornell. So I'll be leaving around 11am to go to Arkport. Then I'm meeting up with another Admissions Counselor, Adam, who is bringing 3 students with him for our final restaurant reception being held in Friendly's in Hornell. Then we'll be heading home from there.
And that should be about it for spring travel. The following week will also be shortened because of Easter! It's been a pretty crazy last few weeks from Panama to Easter.

No comments: